1. If you will always remember in accordance with
the Gospel that " His judgements are in all the earthí (Psalm 105:7), then
every occasion will be a teacher to you in acquiring knowledge of God.
2. Whatever works God is in agreement with, all
creatures concur with them, and the ones that He turns away from, all creatures
2. Every good comes providentially from God.
However, it quietly leaves those who are ungrateful, unfeeling and idle.
2. Every person baptized into the Orthodox faith
mysteriously receives total grace. His feelings are confirmed in her (feeling
her effects) through the measure of his fulfillment of the commandments.
3. He who doesnít know the truth cannot believe
genuinely because guidance by human nature obstructs faith.
3. Do not deny yourself study even if you are very
wise, because Godís arrangement is more beneficial than our wisdom.
3. He who voluntarily does not accept labors as
good works (in their defense) will be punished with involuntary far more
6. While you remember God, increase your prayers
so that He will remember you when you have forgotten Him.
6. Pray so that temptations will not come to you,
and when it does, recognize it as your own and not someone elseís.
6. A person praying physically and not yet having
spiritual intellect, can be likened to the blind individual who cried out (to
Christ): "Son of David, have mercy on me!"
Return to the first page